Monday, December 8, 2014

Playing Chicken

I went to gather eggs today at the chicken coop. I've got a love hate relationship with those feathered fowl. If mom lets me in the chicken yard, I will chase those things around and around and around and it's hilarious to watch them flap and sqwak. Mom always yells at me and ends the fun. She says something about not laying and blah blah Charlie brown teacher babble blah blah blah. I'm not laying down, and she has no idea what she's talking about. 

I went into the coop today, though, because mom said I had to. That's not nearly as fun as the yard. Those chickens are evil things that will walk right up to you and give you the evil eye if you are in a confined space, so I hid behind mom's legs. It's always safe there.

I should probably tell you that I used to chase the chickens in the coop as well. I'd pretend not to hear mom when she said to stop, because CHASING CHICKENS! It's far better than squirrels because they can't really get away. I was herding a chicken into a corner, and running another out the door, and making the rest all fly up onto the perches. It was SO MUCH FUN. I love chasing chicken. Who doesn't?

But they conspired against me one day. Instead of running out the door, a  chicken decided to run right into me. And as if that wasn't enough, one flew off the perch and landed right beside me. Holy terrifying chickens, Batman! Those things are killers! I mean, when something comes at you that's your size, and it's all flappy and sharp beaks and claws, what are you going to do but cower and whimper?

Don't tell anyone that I whimpered. I was just a pup, okay? 




1 comment: