Sunday, June 28, 2015

Play Date

I had a play date last week. Mom says I have more social time than she does, but I can't think that's right. I haven't had a play date since Blog Paws at the end of May, and mom goes places all the time without me. She says it's to get groceries or run errands, but how many errands can one person run? I know she's sneaking out for some people time and doesn't want me to know.

She says she's not. I just asked her. I'm still skeptical.

So I met Lilly at the dog park in town, and we had a great time. It was even better because it wasn't raining that day. That's noteworthy, right there, because it's been raining every day since the beginning of forever, I think. Mom complains about the wet footprints on the floor, but when you have 4 feet and you have to go potty in the rain, these things are going to happen. 

Lilly and I had a good time reacquainting ourselves with each other, and then some other dogs came and we teamed up to terrorize them. It was SO MUCH FUN.

And then mom put me in time out because she said it wasn't good dog park rules to terrorize other dogs. Moms are all about manners all the time. Sometimes that can be a downer. Like when I'm really super excited to see someone and I jump up to say hello, and mom yells every single time and says, "GOOD DOGS KEEP 4 FEET ON THE FLOOR." I know that. I just forget sometimes.

I did decide to use my good manners, though, because time out is not fun. The dog park, however, is. I get to play with other dogs and mom is right there. What more could a dog want?

Okay, a cheeseburger, too, but that's a given.






8 comments:

  1. Hi there Louie!

    What lovely photos!

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Louie, don't feel bad...most dogs get a little carried away at the dog park sometimes. From the pictures, it looks like you had a great time with Lilly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you had so much fun!! Riley says if you go to BP next year she'll play with you :)... she is starting to break out of her shell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like cheeseburgers too. Xoxo MaddiethePug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi new friend! What's up cutie
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Y'all!

    It's tough not to get too excited when you haven't had a play date for a long time and then you go see your friends at the dog park!

    Y'all come on by,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure wish you lived by me because I would LOVE to play with you! Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete