Friday, July 17, 2015

Dethroned By Fluff

We have cats here, and I love cats. I love the way they run when they see me so that I can chase them, because chasing things is very fun. Mom says chasing things isn't good manners, though, so I have to do this when she's not watching.

She always seems to be watching me. It's like she can read my mind.

One cat was lost last year, so we have one cat left here. This cat should be renamed Pesty instead of Percy, because now he wants to be my BFF. This is not right in the dog world. Dogs chase cats and cats run. Percy forgot the rules and instead either sits there, not playing the game, or worse, he rubs up against me as if he likes me. I mean, I am a likable guy, but I much prefer the game of tag than the cuddle snuggle thing he invented. My games rock. His don't so much.

So yesterday mom went away in the car without me, and came home with 2 baby cats. She won't actually let me near them, but they sure look like baby cats to me. They smell like them, too. Mom said they have to get used to the 2-leggers and us dogs before I can actually interact with them.

Mom has them in a crate in her workshop in the basement, because it's quiet down there. I get to go to the workshop, so I can look at them. Mom says it's not polite to stare, but I kind of wonder when they can come out to play. Playing with those babies would be so fun, right? I got to sniff them when the family was playing with them, and they definitely smell like cats, even if they're babies. I was very polite, too. Mom said she was proud of me.

Before mom left to pick up the kittens, she got a box in the mail from Wellness TruFood. It had CAT FOOD in it. Boxes that come in the mail should contain dog food, not cat food. Two cats come into the house and they take over that quickly? This isn't right. I'M BEING DETHRONED BY FELINES. And their food smelled super yummy, too. I know it tasted yummy because those kittens, who didn't eat anything all day, snarfed up that great smelling canned food really fast.

fluffy kittens eating being watched by french bulldog

They didn't even share. They have zero manners. So this is how I'm repaid for being polite to them when we were playing? Next time they're out playing, I'm going to be in their cage licking their bowl. Mom won't notice, right?

5 comments:

  1. We just don't trust those kitties kats
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here kitty,kitty🐱🐕😇 you'll be just fine Louie. You're still the man of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta tell ya pal, you are making me look bad. I live with a kitty whom I ADORE! I don't chase him (much), me is tougher than I am (I am afraid to admit, but I just did) Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there, just wanted to stop by and let you know I have nominated you to participate in the 8 photos of happiness tag!! The details will be on my post tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could get our kitties to share food too.

    ReplyDelete