Monday, July 6, 2015

King Louie

I'm known as King Louie around here. My name is St. Louis Caramel Creme, named for the state I originated from, and mom nicknamed me Louie because that's a mouthful to say when she's calling me in from my duty outside. I was Louie for a whole month here, until dad renamed me.

Mom and dad drove a 32-hour round trip in 2 days to bring me home, because they loved me so much. Funny thing is that they were there to get my brother, but fell in love with me instead. So that's how I came to live in Pennsylvania instead of Missouri, because mom believed in love at first sight.

I decided to reciprocate the love by attaching myself to mom. Literally. If I wasn't touching her, I wasn't happy. She was my security and I didn't want her to get away. And then mom tripped over me while trying to make dinner one night, and broke my leg. I didn't even cry, because I didn't want mom to feel bad, but I couldn't walk on it the next morning so mom rushed me to the vet and I got to have x-rays and I was loved and petted and held and snuggled and realized that I love the vet's office SO MUCH. It's one of my favorite places to go. Those x-rays showed that I needed a cast on my leg, and that was a good time had by nobody at all. Especially me.

cream french bulldog broken leg with a cast
I was the cutest little broken dog ever.


That day, the vet said that it would be a while before he could cast my leg, and since he's a family friend and also lives very near us, he said he'd bring me home. He didn't, actually, but instead asked the new vet to bring me home. She lives closer, which is odd since we live in a very rural area and nobody lives near anyone. Turns out, she lives at the end of our road. I decided that she was super nice, and she fell in love with me, too. I get to see her a lot now, and I love this.

The next week when I was at the clinic getting my cast checked out, the vet said he'd bring me home again since it would take a while for x-rays. Mom had to go away, but dad was home, so that was cool. My vet brought me in the house and gave me to dad, and we snuggled for a bit until mom came home. In the meantime, dad texted mom and said, "the king has arrived."

Mom was kind of confused by that. She had to wonder if dad was taking some of my pain meds for kicks. He wasn't. He clarified the text by saying, "King Louie. He's home."

And that's how come the family calls me King Louie, because dad and mom spoiled me out of guilt, and the vet clinic staff spoiled me out of love, and now I get pretty much anything that I want. Life is good here, even if I did have to wear a cast to gain the title of King.

**** Don't forget to enter to win a FREE box of The Honest Kitchen dog food, because YUM! *** Follow the clicks on the widget, and/or comment, and you're in! You can also get a FREE sample of THK sent to you by clicking on the THK logo on the side bar.



a Rafflecopter giveaway


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like bein King wuz worth da cast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can see that yous very, very loveable!!! Luffs you King Louie
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor King Louie. He's not really spoiled, mama. He's pampered. All kings need spoiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you poor baby. We know you are in a safe place. Keeping looking sad so mom can give you lots of attention
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure looked innocent and sweet all wrapped up in that bandage. It was almost as big as you.

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to win because the honest kitchen makes some great food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a cutie! i can see why your parents picked you. I can only imagine how awful your Mom felt when that happened. No wonder you were so spoiled! I happen to LOVE the vet too! Mom thinks it is because my breeder was a Vet so I got used to being poked and prodded. The vet doesn't bother me one bit. Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet little face on that Louie! I have a stoic little pup here, too, and it's sometimes a little alarming. I can't tell when he's really hurt vs. when he's just lolling around. His expression never changes!

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw King Louie, I think your adorable!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete